:: [Libbitcoin] obworker uses up all m…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Noel Maersk
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: libbitcoin
Παλιά Θέματα: Re: [Libbitcoin] New releases for libbitcoin/Obelisk/sx
Αντικείμενο: [Libbitcoin] obworker uses up all memory and crashes [WAS: Re: New releases for libbitcoin/Obelisk/sx]

On Tue, Jan 07, 2014 at 12:09:51PM +0000, Amir Taaki wrote:
> What kind of load are you running against it? Is there some periodic
> activity that can trigger the behaviour?

OK, found it.

After running for some time (hours), obworker takes up all memory and
gets terminated.

There are sometimes streaks of these:

> ERROR [poller]: Storing block
> 000000000000001e4a1dba552d7a60d5dc649185d04521c9f5516a270f1bb7f8:
> Matching previous object found

(the block hash is different, it's not just one block)

Might be related to the same hard disk write bottleneck, but maybe not.

The server is limited to 2 GiB of RAM.

All versions are latest git, OS is Debian Wheezy, ZeroMQ version 3
(current Debian stable default).

VPS log shows this started around midnight of December 24.