:: Re: [Libbitcoin] Matching previous …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: William Swanson
À: Robert Williamson, libbitcoin
Sujet: Re: [Libbitcoin] Matching previous object found
On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 3:46 AM, Robert Williamson <bobalot@???> wrote:
> This has happened to me a few times before, I think it is due to how
> libbitcoin handles the initial download of blocks while it is catching up to
> the current height. I think we're requesting getblocks from too many peers
> at once, or timing out too quickly (a peer might be under load or have a
> slow/congested connection) and we're getting another copy of the data later
> on, leading to the duplicate objects.
>
> This usually isn't a problem, leave it for a while and it will eventually
> restart the download and catch up, maybe we need to add something for
> handling the initial block download when we know we're more than a few
> thousand blocks behind, even after the bootstrap, there is still a large
> amount of data that we need to get.

Ah, this makes sense. Another interpretation might be that the block
writer thread can't keep up, and that it's work queue is overflowing.
I know for a fact that the block writer is IO-bound on my hard disk,
and the blocks are coming in awfully fast. This would also explain why
things are fine until about 1000 blocks have been downloaded, and then
start getting progressively worse.

Either way, I'll just follow your advice and let things be for now.

-William