:: Re: [unSYSTEM] GPL vs. libre softwa…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Amir Taaki
Aan: unsystem
Onderwerp: Re: [unSYSTEM] GPL vs. libre software
For instance, because of software patents the opensource video/sound
codec alternatives have to use shitty workarounds than their proprietary
equivalents.

The proprietary equivalents buy patent libraries from each other.

A codec a standard you want media players to adopt so your file format
is widely accepted. You can't really say fuck you law there.