Til: System undo crew
Emne: Re: [unSYSTEM] When will the NSA be seen as a non-governmental agency?
So do what?
Sit back and relax. Brave new world rather then 1984?
Sorry but for me the extent of totalitarism demonstraded in that video (if you have not watched it - do so!) is kind of mind changing.
To just continue with wishful thinking that good vibes will save the world, is like 1970s hippies trusting in the power of LSD, marihuana and music. Sure they changed something and Steve Jobs would have been maybe a different person without LSD, but was that enough? For Steves Jobs definitely not....

Maybe we need to step back from our techno-utopia and read old classics about power and psychology and try to understand whats going on in these brains who raped our beloved internet.
To reduce these guy to stupid pay check receivers is a dangerous simplification. There are very motivated intelligent and creative people behind all that. Motivated by different stuff then we are. Maybe some sick mind, maybe the stimulus of power, maybe some vision of a future world (artificial intelligence, quantum computers, machine learning) which you could imagine with some phantasy...

Sorry for beeing that negative, but I just cant go back to "business as usual" after that...
Whats worth it to build cool stuff on top of Bitcoin if we have seen that the very basic infrastructure is captured:

"Being completely decentralized means that no one is able to shut it down, as there is no single point to attack. The system is also designed so it cannot be censored, freedom of speech cannot be taken from you. And because the cryptography is employed end-to-end, no entity is able to spy on your communications."
http://twister.net.co/?page_id=25

All the above is proven false now. It makes it a bit harder for the NSA but thats all...