:: Re: [unSYSTEM] [Bitcoin-development…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Thomas Hartman
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: System undo crew
Aihe: Re: [unSYSTEM] [Bitcoin-development] DarkWallet Best Practices
Mining is moving to an industrial model, giant shipping containers
full of gear that costs millions of dollars. Regulation by the state
seems almost inevitable to me.

So I think if the state and regulators can capture miners and force
them to only clear transactions to registered addresses, what can a
technology such as darkwallet do?

This is a political fight, isn't it?

The freedom to have an unregistered address (financial privacy) is
either a basic human right, recognized by governments and citizens
across the globe (and >51% of miners), or it isn't.

If there is regulatory capture of the miners, my understanding is dark
wallet could still provide obfuscation of FLOWS, even though balances
would be transparent. So, the government could tax your bitcoin but
they might not know where it came from. It's still more freedom than
every flow being known and datamined.