:: Re: [unSYSTEM] [Bitcoin-development…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Mike Belshe
À: Drak
CC: System undo crew, Bitcoin Dev
Sujet: Re: [unSYSTEM] [Bitcoin-development] DarkWallet Best Practices
Hey Peter -

I think this is a super list. A couple of thoughts:

a) In the section on multi-sig and multi-factor, I think we can split these
apart. Multi-factor user authentication is very valuable and not the same
as multi-factor signing, which is a second level of complexity.   The
multi-factor auth can be off-blockchain, e.g. authenticating with SMS
message to your phone or Google Authenticator challenge.  Given the state
of malware today, I personally would propose two requirements:
    1) wallets SHOULD use multi-factor authentication before authorizing
access to a wallet (e.g. view balances, addresses, transactions, etc)
    2) wallets MUST use multi-factor auth before signing a transaction.
[note: I recognize that MUST might be too aggressive right now, but I
wouldn't use a wallet without it.  this can also be impractical for
server-side wallets]

b) Multi-factor signing (e.g. P2SH) may be too early to really define.  But
here are some issues which have come up from my own personal development
experience:
    - Wallets SHOULD NOT create two keys on a single host or device
    - Wallets SHOULD provide a way to import external public keys which can
be used as part of a P2SH address

Slightly off topic: For P2SH, address creation requires the public key,
not the public hash of an address. For me, this has made it difficult to
import keys created through out-of-band sources. Most wallets/key
generators/etc only provide the address and not the public key, and this is
a hinderance to easy P2SH creation off host. It would be great if there
were a way to address this, but I don't know how.

c) Small word-choice nit: I had to go lookup the meaning of "SHALL" (I now
know it is the same as MUST). I think most RFCs just use MUST these days.

Thanks,
mike