:: Re: [unSYSTEM] GPL vs. libre softwa…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Adam Gibson
À: System undo crew
Sujet: Re: [unSYSTEM] GPL vs. libre software
On 12/17/2013 10:35 PM, Odinn Cyberguerrilla wrote:

> Adam when you say "ignore it and do something else," what do you suggest?
>
> I am not saying there is not an alternative, I am asking for alternatives.
>
> Do you suggest, for example, some sort of copyleft-ish proposal that would
> protect only sections of proposed ideas on github, rather than a whole
> repo?
>
> Should the crypto anarchist manifesto be used in place of license text(s)?
>
> Should there be no license text?
>
> Do you think GPL would be ok if it were changed in a certain way?
>
> What do you suggest? I am certainly curious.

Yes, I think either no license or replacement with some counter-IP text
is appropriate.
I'm sure there are counterarguments, along the lines of "this gives no
defense against predatory trolls taking your software and making people
pay for it". In my opinion there is nothing to take. Criminalising the
creative use of ideas, whether someone else thought of them earlier or
not, appalls me, and always has ever since I was young.
So I guess that puts me firmly in Mike's camp. You cannot fight immoral
behaviour by doing the same thing yourself.
By the way I am working on code right now so these things are very much
in the forefront of my mind too.