:: Re: [unSYSTEM] GPL vs. libre softwa…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Adam Gibson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: System undo crew
Αντικείμενο: Re: [unSYSTEM] GPL vs. libre software
On 12/17/2013 11:17 PM, Luke Parrish wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Adam Gibson <ekaggata@???> wrote:
>

>> Yes, I think either no license or replacement with some counter-IP text
>> is appropriate.
>>

> Maybe something like the Unlicense? http://unlicense.org/

Thanks. Yes, Odinn, who started this branch of the conversation, might
like that. I don't really like the "Legalese" section
(http://ar.to/2010/01/dissecting-the-unlicense), as it recognizes the,
to me, immoral construct of "copyright" in some jurisdictions, although
clearly the intent is laudable.

I also wonder about the "don't sue me" section, that all such
(un)licenses have. In the case of free OSS, I almost feel like writing
such statements is worse than nothing, along the lines of Lao Tzu's
"those who justify do not convince". The more you say, the more people
will find a way to twist it.

But I'm just musing about these things - I'm sure others have thought
about it all much more carefully.