:: Re: [unSYSTEM] GPL vs. libre softwa…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Adam Gibson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: System undo crew
Αντικείμενο: Re: [unSYSTEM] GPL vs. libre software
On 12/17/2013 10:47 PM, Luke-Jr wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:43:04 PM Adam Gibson wrote:
>> Yes, I think ... no license ... is appropriate.
>
> Then you have denied all law-abiding citizens the ability to use your code.
>
> Luke

Any such law is both absurd and abhorrent. Any violence that a state
imposes unjustly on people using something I freely share is not my
crime, it is that state's crime.
More practically speaking:
Does such law apply in every country in the world? I have lived in
several countries, including quite totalitarian ones like Russia and
China, and used software like bittorrent and tor. Do you think I was
following the law? How much does that matter? Obviously it varies case
by case.
I can only repeat what I said before - if in certain cases you feel it
practically necessary to play along, just don't kid yourself about what
you're doing.