:: Re: [Libbitcoin] libbitcoin compila…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: mlmikael
À: libbitcoin
Sujet: Re: [Libbitcoin] libbitcoin compilation on OpenBSD

the following are notes and should be tested, supposedly it'll resolve
the -ldl issue.

spoken through the -ldl issue with the autotools guys and they suggest:

1) it may be the LT_INIT row in the configure.ac that does it, and

2) the -ldl could be because autotools finds it implied by some of the
libraries mentioned in PKG_CHECK_MODULES , so this should be checked
with "pkg-config --libs libbitcoin" etc.

and they say that if it's not one of these, it'd be an "extremely odd"
problem.

there seems to be an example of how to work around 1) at
https://gnunet.org/svn/Extractor/configure.ac [2] (search for "ldl" and
you find it).

On 2013-12-16 14:19, Noel Maersk wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 12:20:32AM +0100, mlmikael wrote:
>
>> ... 2) How do you switch off the -ldl? Sought all over obelisk's files and didn't find. ...
>
> I'm not sure you should. that's the dynamic linking loader library, and
> it's tightly coupled with the rest of glibc libraries.
>
> libdl in not present on BSDs as a separate library. Instead, it's just
> in libc, so you'd have to use -lc instead of -ldl. But see `man dlopen`.
>
> Try commenting out all occurences of
>
> LIBS="-ldl $LIBS"
>
> in `configure`, then `./configure && make`.
>
> If it helps, we'll think of the needed changes to the build
> system. There should be many examples of how to do it right
> and wrong in BSDs.

Links:
------