:: Re: [unSYSTEM] GPL vs. libre softwa…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: d3
A: unsystem
Asunto: Re: [unSYSTEM] GPL vs. libre software
I don't realise why lose time with these debate about GPL.

Is pro-common, nobody can close de souces because are open for the
innovation an education etc...

And the most important: this is possible because exist free software
under the same license used to create the code: the SO, the text
editors, the compilers, the programing language...

Betwen, Apple stole the developers with the BSD license, including in
the core of the OSX code from apps developed for others, because in
according of that license, you can do this... and your work (your
functional program) simply desappear...

The license isn't about violence... is about dignity and freedom. If
somebody do something against the license, isn't a poor guy trying to
have a normal work... is somebody that have the knowledge and
resources to use the code in a wrong way... like in the case of
linksys with the routers working in secret with gnu-linux inside...

The SO gnu-linux is so powerfull today because are protected for
GPL-based license. If you don't agree, you can use openBSD or freeBSD
or Mac, no problem...

And don't use the programs with these licenses too. You can review
this detail in the info about the package.

Kisses

D3