:: [unSYSTEM] Our age of the algorithm…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Amir Taaki
To: unsystem
Betreff: [unSYSTEM] Our age of the algorithm: victims of success?
"When we use tools, they use us back."

The early cyberspace was a land of chaos. A new land laid unexplored,
awaiting the ventures of those who dare to dream. From this primordial
soup that the exchange of knowledge became the early ingredients that
started to establish the architecture for this new realm of pure
technology. That architecture is the algorithm.

Born in the labs of cyberspace, the 21st century has birthed a new
organism: the algorithm. Raised by collective stewardship, algorithms are
ideas so powerful that they shape the formation of culture itself.
Algorithms are the physical manifestation of the one true universal
language of the cosmos: mathematics.

Only now is man starting to unlock the secrets of the universe's source.
For centuries, millions of lives have been devoted to a single minded
pursuit at reading, decompiling and making sense of our universe's dense
fabric. We are far from even grasping the complete picture of even the
smallest detail.

And yet, that detail is smashing our world to pieces. Rushing at a the
speed of light, we are quickly approaching the singularity. We are rapidly
approaching the point of no return. Hold onto your seats. Things are never
going to be quite the same.

And remember: history has a way of repeating itself.