:: Re: [Libbitcoin] network connection…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Noel Maersk
To: libbitcoin
Betreff: Re: [Libbitcoin] network connection algorithm
On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 02:29:22AM +0000, Amir Taaki wrote:
> I've changed the way libbitcoin connects to a more saner policy. There
> are now a fixed number of slots and it always tries to maintain a
> constant amount of connections. Before it was aggressively chasing
> connections which was poorly thought out.
>
> https://github.com/spesmilo/libbitcoin/commit/06cc1a3c36ed41706c79e222398e9778081b7d6f
>
> It might be more unstable because there are more asserts, but they will
> help catch out any deeper bugs in the network code.

Yesterday, obworker eventually exited with

obworker: network/protocol.cpp:305: void
libbitcoin::protocol::handle_connect(const std::error_code&,
libbitcoin::channel_ptr, const libbitcoin::network_address_type&):
Assertion `connections_.size() <= max_outbound_' failed.

on both my machines (Debian Wheezy and Arch Linux). Sadly, I didn't have
a timestamp as to how soon this happened.

Restarted again now, let's see if it's still present with the updated
latest.

P.S. On the Debian machine, I already see it's reporting having gone to
9 connections, but hasn't exited.