:: Re: [unSYSTEM] DarkWallet Whitepape…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Robert Williamson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: System undo crew
Αντικείμενο: Re: [unSYSTEM] DarkWallet Whitepaper (Specs, details, features & inside dirt)
Banks are safe because they're insured. The 2fa pin code on credit/debit
cards where most fraud occurs doesn't help much.

I've got preliminary plans for a credit card sized device with pin buttons
that can receive data over NFC and do transaction signing. I plan to expand
on this a bit next year.

So you could put your savings into a 2of3 account with one key on your
device, another on this 2fa device and another in a safe somewhere just in
case.

You could then draft a transaction on your phone with key 1 tap it against
the 2fa nfc card enter the pin and sign with your second, then push the
signed tax back to the phone where it can be broadcast.

But still if your os is compromised then this doesn't help much.

There might be something to be said for keeping the key in memory on
windows and making the user re enter it on every boot. Keep the mpk saved
on disk only.

Disk is certainly easier to steal the seed from than memory would be.

Thanks
Bob