:: Re: [Libbitcoin] libbitcoin compila…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: mlmikael
Dátum:
Címzett: libbitcoin
Tárgy: Re: [Libbitcoin] libbitcoin compilation, OS support

Hi Amir,

2013/11/25 Amir Taaki <genjix@???>

> Hey,
>
> I was looking over this last night, but sadly also I'm not too
> experienced with build systems. The libbitcoin build system was made
> with some help from friends, copy-paste from internet and some luck.
>
> Old Debian won't work because you need the newer g++ 4.7 or higher which
> properly implements the latest C++11 standard (released 2011).
>
> Tomorrow I'll meet a friend and ask him to create me an OBSD VPS for
> testing this build.

Awesome!

Any KVM, XEN or VMWare-based VPS will do. Just boot the VPS from virtual
installation CD ISO and install onto the virtual HD. OpenVZ and VCloud
would be no-go:s afaik.

> What version of OBSD are you using? Can you run: g++
> --version and tell me the result? Thanks.

Using latest OBSD. Any OBSD from the last 1-2 years should be fine as
their default distro is equivalent with regard to GCC/G++ version, as
the OBSD project bundles an old GCC/G++ only because at some version GCC
switched license to an OBSD-uncompatible one.

G++ 4.7+ is found as a package, namely:

http://athena.caslab.queensu.ca/pub/OpenBSD/5.4/packages/amd64/g%2b%2b-4.8.1p0.tgz

Just typing in:

export
PKG_PATH=http://athena.caslab.queensu.ca/pub/OpenBSD/5.4/packages/amd64/

pkg_add g++-4.8.1p0.tgz

should be sufficient (or in the place of g++-4.8.1p0.tgz, g++-4.8.1p0 or
the full URL). the PKG_PATH thing is for pkg_add to automatically
download dependency packages.

This will install g++ in /usr/local/bin/eg++ - please note this special
path, your configure script needs to be instructed to use this path for
C++ compiler via an CXX environment variable or alike.

Apart from this you have availabiliity of packages for all the library
and build tools used i.e.:

http://athena.caslab.queensu.ca/pub/OpenBSD/5.4/packages/amd64/boost-1.53.0p1.tgz

http://athena.caslab.queensu.ca/pub/OpenBSD/5.4/packages/amd64/leveldb-1.5.0p1.tgz

(OpenSSL is OS-bundled.)
http://athena.caslab.queensu.ca/pub/OpenBSD/5.4/packages/amd64/automake-1.9.6p10.tgz

http://athena.caslab.queensu.ca/pub/OpenBSD/5.4/packages/amd64/autoconf-2.69p0.tgz

Please remember that running "ldconfig" subsequent to installation of a
shared library is *not* required on OBSD but may actually break things
badly until you reboot (or fix by running something like "ldconfig -m").

Really, getting this going on OBSD should be quite trivial.

Please let me know your progress and if you run into any issue, for if
case I could be of help (though am abent of experience with build
systems also).

Thanks