:: [unSYSTEM] Political Apathy
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Mevan Babakar
To: System undo crew
Oggetto: [unSYSTEM] Political Apathy
So my job is to get people who don't give a shit about democracy to get
involved in it. And for the longest time I've been arguing that sure you
can say that you can tear it down and put up something new, but really
thats often juvenile and not thought through, if you want to change
something you have to get your hands dirty and get involved in the
fundamental values and systems that govern it.

The only other person I have heard made this argument in the media is Peter
Sunde:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-11/18/peter-sunde-hemlis-political-apathy

I am now obviously smitten. What do you guys think? Is there anything
really more valuable than a vote? Or is a vote worthless? c.f. Brand vs
Paxman

A lot of people make the arugment "voting is worthless because the people
you elect are all the same, the system is always the same" so they don't
get involved. But then how do you change that without getting involved?
Standing for the people who aren't being represented? It's not an exclusive
club. Its a malleable system that you can help *shape. *Is this a lost
cause?

These are my thoughts. I would appreciate yours.