:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Coin Validation
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Robert Williamson
Dátum:
Címzett: System undo crew
Tárgy: Re: [unSYSTEM] Coin Validation
Miners might not be enough though, miners only incentive is transaction
fees, they can include whatever they want and they prefer the highest
payer.

It might be better for nodes to drop all transactions which have outputs
going to addresses that are already known, similar to what they already do
with low tx fees.

With the majority of nodes doing this, it will take a while for an address
reuse transaction to even get transmitted to a miner or a merchant awaiting
the transaction, no matter what its fee is.

I think too much emphasis is placed on the power miners have and not the
power that nodes have in the network. It's up to nodes to decide to drop
transactions if they have low fees, erroneous extremely high fees (which
might cause a blockchain fork while miners try to build on their own fork),
'dust' outputs, dpr seized funds being used as inputs, address reuse, or
anything else so the network is cleaned my the majority vote of the network
before transactions even reach miners.

Either way, nice patch. I'm sure this is going to piss a lot of people off.

Thanks
Bob