:: Re: [unSYSTEM] fuck the bitcoin cor…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Benjamin Cordes
À: System undo crew
Sujet: Re: [unSYSTEM] fuck the bitcoin core team
On Paul Graham's disagreement hierarchy this ranks somewhere between
DH0-DH3, but DH6 is much preferable.
http://www.paulgraham.com/disagree.html

I assume here is one major disagreement, quote from Gavin:
"But I see advocating for Bitcoin as separate from advocating for financial
privacy/freedom in general."

I have come to the conclusion that Bitcoin can not be neutral, but rather
separating these two goals (usefulness and political cause whatever it may
be), means pursuing a certain type of system. So I have arrived at the
idea, that the principle, the goal of the system, will have to be built
into it, right from the beginning. Basically a bit like GPL, where the
license achieves a lock-in. GPL is less free than MIT, because it restricts
users to building free software, with freedom defined by GPL.