:: [unSYSTEM] Fwd: Re: [lifeboatfounda…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Mike Gogulski
Aan: System undo crew
Onderwerp: [unSYSTEM] Fwd: Re: [lifeboatfoundation] Fukushima, nuclear blabla and that pesky missing "rewind" button

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:     Re: [lifeboatfoundation] Fukushima, nuclear blabla and that
pesky missing "rewind" button
Date:     Sun, 03 Nov 2013 04:26:22 +0100
From:     Mike Gogulski <mike@???>
To:     lifeboatfoundation@???
CC:     c4ss@??? <C4SS@???>

On 11/03/2013 04:07 AM, Luke-Jr wrote:
> On 11/03/2013 03:26 AM, Harish Shah wrote:
>> Whether for safety or environmental reasons, it is [of] utmost human
>> interest to begin doing away with both nuclear power and nuclear weapons.
> Considering nuclear power is currently the safest form of energy production we
> have, this sounds like nonsense.
>
> Luke

Who is "we"? Would that be the 100k people around the critical zone who
will be afflicted for a century, along with their children? The 1M
people or more in the middle-northern Pacific islands?

Yeah, nuclear power is safe. IF EVERY SAFETY PRECAUTION IS TAKEN. Siting
a nuclear power plant on a volcanic island chain along the most-active
edge of the Pacific Ring of Fire is *not* safe. And right now, nobody on
this rock capable of building and siting a nuclear power station is
doing so without nation-state interests at the very core of their
decision tree.

If we need nuclear power, we certainly don't need nuclear fission power
plants sited in places that are "best for country/empire X" or "best we
can do given archaic political structure(s) Y, Z and W".

And if we can't get over the crappy decision-making that flows from
nationalism and bogus tradition-worshipping politics, we are truly
fucked in the long run in deploying nuclear power. Drop a gas-fired
power station into a newly-opened crustal rift and a lot of people die.
Thousands, tens of thousands, and follow-on effects for... a few years?
Drop a fission plant into that rift and watch megadeaths unfold over
less than a decade.

not.dot.so.dot.safe.dot.dot.dot.com.dot.