:: Re: [unSYSTEM] The law of the free
Página Principal
Autor: Benjamin Cordes
Para: System undo crew
Assunto: Re: [unSYSTEM] The law of the free
The Bitcoin development process is becoming in my view unsustainable. We
have to understand that any such network will carry in itself a political
view of the world. There is no neutral view. This relates strongly to the
BIP process, which we should draw lessons from (as everything else).

This kind of process has a lot of parallels to ICANN/DNS viz-a-viz
Namecoin. I believe the question is how one can embed rules, i.e. laws,
which can be layered to various degrees. Git shares some features with
Bitcoin, as in that all the history is preserved. Julian Assange I believe
had this idea of creating historically preserved URL's via Namecoin. The
thing to note here is that ICANN is in process of selling the global
namespace of ideas to corporations. For instance Frank Schilling on the
Cayman islands is one such person. So we have corporations owning public
names and an intransparent process. Now also consider this connection. Say
every company or legal entity automatically gets an assigned URL. For
example .LTD for limited companies. Then the registrar for the Top Level
domain is essentially a governing body for these legal entities. We could
create our own such scheme, but the legal entities are built from scratch
and not on the absurdity that is the international law today.