:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Introducing the Ulbr…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Mike Gogulski
A: System undo crew
Assumpte: Re: [unSYSTEM] Introducing the Ulbricht a/k/a Dread Pirate Roberts of the Silk Road legal defense fund
As usual, Cody completes his Bingo card in slick style.

On 10/03/2013 11:27 PM, Cody R Wilson wrote:

> Isn't a situational ethics required here? There is the pre-existing

evil of the organized violence of the state. A fixed moral imperative is
here a tool that serves the master. Just like how 'Human Rights' is the
motto du jour for organized bombing. Self-preservation almost demanded
he act as he did, assuming he did.

> How is that a monstrous conclusion?
>
> Couldn't agree more Amir: we need to promote the values of respect for

other people's lives. Where the FBI will seek to take his away for his
mistakes, we cannot support his promotion just because he "stood for
something good". He made the mistakes that proved his *lack* of values
(assuming all evidence is accurate). The FBI, although a rotten snotball
of power abusers, they didn't need to work on this one-- he handed it to
them like a child molesting Catholic priest handing an anti-religion
argument to an Athiest. We should all bow our heads in shame that we did
not seek to out him sooner, befriend him, and be there for him when he
was thinking murder was a solution. Additionally, we should seek to find
more evidence, follow the trials, and continue to discuss-- but blindly
follow a murderer because we don't like the FBI? Rationality
unfortunately doesn't work like that. Let's pick our battles, shall we?