:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Dark Wallet: A Radic…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Vitalik Buterin
À: System undo crew
Sujet: Re: [unSYSTEM] Dark Wallet: A Radical Way To Bitcoin
>From the evidence we've seen, DPR isn't nearly the perfect martyr for
justice we wanted him to be. He was responsible for not one, but two
attempted murders:

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/7362/silk-road-shut-down-alleged-owner-arrested/

When Beethoven first created his Third Symphony, he dedicated it to
Napoleon, seeing him as comparable to the greatest of the greats from the
Roman Empire. However, when Napoleon declared himself emperor, he realized
that he was worshipping simply yet another power-hungry man, and he decided
that he would instead dedicate the symphony as "Heroica" - the ideal of
heroism in its purest form.

This is part of the reason why Satoshi decided that he would stay
anonymous; if he didn't, we would probably be picking on his personal flaws
and any political views that we might disagree with, and not seeing Bitcoin
for what it is. Bitcoin was designed to be decentralized, and exist
irrespective of any particular individual. I think we need a decentralized
Road as well.