:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Egypt kid interview …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Amir Taaki
À: unsystem
Sujet: Re: [unSYSTEM] Egypt kid interview on the street
xiaziyna@??? sent this message but she was in the filter so it
got discarded (fixed now). here's the message:

- ------------------

Hey,
those of you who conduct your politics through petitions might find
this interesting.
http://arxiv.org/abs/1308.0239

"This paper uses a big data approach to track the growth of about
20,000 petitions to the UK Government over two years, analyzing the
rate of growth and the outreach mechanism...The vast majority of
petitions did not achieve any measure of success; over 99 percent
failed to get the 10,000 signatures required for an official response,
and only 0.1 percent attained the 100,000 required for a parliamentary
debate. We analyze the data through a multiplicative process model
framework to explain the growth of signatures.
We have defined and measured an average outreach factor for petitions
and show that it decays very fast (reducing to 0.1% after 10 hours);
after 24 hours, a petition?s fate is virtually set."