:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Coinbase Class 2 Acc…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Vitalik Buterin
To: System undo crew
Betreff: Re: [unSYSTEM] Coinbase Class 2 Accounts
> The centralised entity would need to have some sort of way to verify that
a user is indeed a human - most entities that do this require information
from you that would compromise anonymity.

That's correct, the centralized entity would know exactly who you are in
realspace when handing out the PSC. It's the zerocoin/mixers after that
that provide the anonymity.

But there is still a real problem with centralization - PSCs would
necessarily have a market value, giving the central authority great
incentive to be corrupt and hand out tokens for a fee or to friends, and
the authority would also be subject to a government that may want to censor
specific individuals or take for themselves backdoor access. One solution
might be to federate it. Basically, you have N (imagine N ~= 50)
authorities hopefully in N countries, and you need to prove your identity
to K > N/2 of them in order to get a PSC. This would require some kind of
signature scheme based on Shamir's Secret Sharing so that the PSC can be
signed by the threshold without revealing which of the authorities signed
it (as that would differentiate the PSCs and compromise privacy).

The obvious convenience upgrade is making K < N/2, but this is problematic
as an individual might then be able to get 2+ PSC from 2+ disjoint quora.
Thus, you would need some algorithm for sharing the list of "used" names
between the authorities, or perhaps some kind of cool mathematical setup
similar to Chaum's offline ecash protocol so that any two PSCs created with
the same name can be recombined to (with very high probability) reveal your
name and invalidate both PSCs.

The best solution would be to set it up so that sufficiently recognized
individuals themselves become authorities, so you could be verified by
employers, friends, etc, but the challenge there is ensuring that a small
number of attackers can't create fake people who add an exponentially
growing number of people and start a sybil attack (this is VERY hard, since
the legitimate network itself needs to add an exponentially growing number
of users).