:: Re: [unSYSTEM] payment, exchange, a…
Góra strony
Autor: Andrew Miller
Dla: System undo crew
Temat: Re: [unSYSTEM] payment, exchange, and the scope of bitcoin
No I hadn't seen this, although I'm aware of similar ideas (such as
fidelity bonds). It's very interesting and my intuition is that there
are good ideas lurking along these lines. However I don't think this
Collateralized-ID proposal is a good one.

The reason why is that there can easily be a competitive market for
these identities that would drive the price down. If the
collateral*time is worth anything, then people with coins in savings
might as well store the coins in these CIDs just for the sake of being
able to sell them later. So it's like a zero risk investment to create
dozens of these things.

Nonetheless I'm really looking forward to more experimentation with
this sort of thing.

--
Andrew Miller