:: [unSYSTEM] Update from The Foundati…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Amir Taaki
À: unsystem
Sujet: [unSYSTEM] Update from The Foundation
Hey,

Many people are telling me they want to avoid a split within the
Bitcoin community. But it's happening now.

People are calling for a new organisation that:

- - Promotes Bitcoin as a tool of big social change.
- - We believe in financial privacy.
- - We believe in freedom of financial speech (lack of censorship)

Furthermore transparency of governance and openness to the community.

There are several groups now organising and a lot of talk going
around. But for all the blaa blaa, I have stuff here and now.

Here is an update from the foundation:

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/blog/?p=204

They list a bunch of non-complete implementations (excluding the
complete one), and talk about the foundation's conference.

I need help with the conference. I need resources (programmers) for
libbitcoin.

For the conference, if I don't get help then I will cancel it. I don't
have the time. Everyone is telling me to do it, but I haven't got
anyone helping me. I want to focus my efforts on development.

For libbitcoin, I need developers. There are clear business strategies
here and several people are already offering me resources here. This
is going forwards. I've spent a long time on this alone, so it's great
to see finally.

Focus on the projects first, we can make the organisation after. How
many of you are actually writing code? It's not enough to complain. We
need to build real things that people will use - that's how our ideas
will win out.

The same thing happening now happened to the personal computer
revolution during the 70s. The big corporations moved in, the
idealistic hackers were working on fun bullshit, they were not vocal
enough or pragmatic, and they lost out to the suits who just took
their work, made it practical and got super rich off it. This is the
time to struggle for your ideals.

I will be so disappointed if the same thing happens again.