:: Re: [unSYSTEM] #NSA #PRISM #Hadoop …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Amir Taaki
A: unsystem
Asunto: Re: [unSYSTEM] #NSA #PRISM #Hadoop #Bitcoin @BTCFoundation
BTW I need help on everything.

Here are some basic tasks:

- - I have a full node daemon which you can interact with over Apache
Thrift RPC and it publishes over ZeroMQ. Thrift isn't asynchronous, so
I want to replace it with ZeroMQ reqrep. ZeroMQ is also a much more
powerful library which can scale to create massive clusters.

I have a full node daemon with the RPC written both in Python (using
libbitcoin Python SWIG bindings) and C++ (using libbitcoin). I also
have a fullnode example written in C (using experimental libbitcoin C
wrapper). It's easy to add the RPC stuff to the C example.

- - I need packages for libbitcoin in the Debian repos. I can offer a
bounty even of 600 EUR for this. Otherwise just having packages anyway
would be really great. I have 2 Debian devs willing to mentor anyone
who wants to do this.

- - An extension library for libbitcoin of common classes, utilities and
functions people need. Like a layer of additional things on top
without complicating core libbitcoin.

- -- 'reactorloop'. Loop, and wait for sigterm signals, all app to exit
using a simple barrier and spinlock.
(see the while loop in main()
http://libbitcoin.dyne.org/doc/network.html#tut-protocol )
- -- 'wallet'. I have a design for a great wallet. But this should maybe
be left until last.
- -- 'fullnode'. The fullnode example is something I'd reusing a lot in
projects. Would be good to have it there as something you can inherit
and it will call your stubs when a new block arrives .etc Also gives
you access to all the underlying services in case you want to do
something deeper inside libbitcoin.
http://libbitcoin.dyne.org/doc/examples/fullnode.html
- -- 'sync_blockchain'. Synchronises the asynchronous blockchain
methods. I don't really want people to use this in their projects, but
I recognise it is something people want. It is very useful though for
testing concepts against the blockchain with minimal effort.
https://github.com/genjix/query/blob/master/src/sync_blockchain.hpp

- - Wallet. This is really cool. Your wallet is on disk. You can encrypt
it by mounting an encrypted file share or store it in memory using
tmpfs. You have a directory/file based system instead of using a database.

(I've clipped the full addresses. -> denotes a symlink.)

  wallet/
    # Tags are arbitrary collections of keys.
    tags/
      foo/
        1Afgoy....priv -> wallet/keys/1Afgoy... [symlink]
        1Fufjp....priv -> wallet/keys/1Fufjp...
      bar/
        1CJAWj....pub -> wallet/keys/1CJAWj..
        a56fea....seed -> wallet/det/a56fea...
    keys/
      1Afgoy....priv
      1Fufjp....priv
      # Public keys only from deterministic wallet
      1CJAWj....pub
      1KmeZr....pub
      1AQzE9....pub
      # Private keys from deterministic wallet
      1BKxks....priv
      12AYuB....priv
      1EsKE6....priv
    det/
      # Two different deterministic wallet.
      # One only has the master public key and so can
      # only generate the public keys for that wallet.
      # The other is a normal deterministic wallet.
      #
      # We know the number of keys in the wallet by
      # the number of files in there.
      a56fea....seed/
        1BKxks....priv -> wallet/keys/1BKxks....priv
        12AYuB....priv -> wallet/keys/12AYuB....priv
        1EsKE6....priv -> wallet/keys/1EsKE6....priv
      cc4add....mpk/
        1KmeZr....pub -> wallet/keys/1KmeZr...
        1AQzE9....pub -> wallet/keys/1AQzE9...

We lazy evaluate everything. No preloading is done.
I'd add a hook to later enable .enc encrypted versions of the files
(.pub.enc instead of .pub, or .seed.enc -> .seed, .priv.enc -> .priv)
so the owner of the wallet doesn't need to manage the encryption.
You can find the tags for an address by doing a quick 'find' inside
the tags directory to see all the tags an address is inside. This
should be relatively fast for thousands of files.

DeterministicWallet
PrivateKey
PublicKey

    .add_tag(name)
    .remove_tag(name)
    .tags()
    .export()

DeterministicWallet
PrivateKey

    .save_public()
    .unlink()
      -> remove symlinks.
      -> remove wallet manager's watched addrs.

DeterministicWallet

    .addrs()
    .new_addr()

WalletManager

    .watched_addrs = {"1EsKE6...":
                      callback(pending_balance, paid_balance)}
    .watch(addr, callback)
    .unwatch(addr)

- - Improvements to libbitcoin. The protocol should be able to allow
max_outbound to be adjusted and a way to intercept version messages.
If we're in the initial blockchain download then new transactions
should be rejected. A way to estimate the latest block number from
other nodes by getting the median value. The seqlock write possibly
only needs to happen during database writes (investigate this).

- - Upgrade to a ZeroMQ Remote Request interface. I have the basic
design of the code already laid out. But I'm busy working on the
underlying C wrapper first.

On wire messages from client:

([METHODNAME] [ARG1] [ARG2] [ARG3]..., callback)

    -> [...] [CHECKSUM]
    rand_nonce created and added to request.

    make_req(rand_nonce, data, callback)

  make_req(rand_nonce, data, callback)
    map[rand_nonce] = callback
    retry_queue.push(timest, rand_nonce, data, callback)
    send_req(rand_nonce, data)

  Reactor:
    update:
      read_reply()           # async queue
      resend_expired_reqs()  # async queue

    read_reply()
      while poll:
        new reply received
        remove reply from map
        remove reply from retry_queue
        call callback with arguments.

    resend_expired_reqs()
      for (request: retry_queue)
        if (current_time - request.last_send_time)
          send_req(request.rand_nonce, request.data)

Even pseudo C:

  strict qbc_request_t
  {
     method_nonce
     args
     checksum (uint32_t - same as Bitcoin checksums)
     callback (accepts an array of N strings)
     rand_nonce
     last_send_timest
  };

The callback would assert if N args isn't the correct size it expects.

- - Payments API. You have a Wallet and the Daemon TCP connection
(Thrift or ZeroMQ).

  Wallet:
    - Manages your keys
    - Create payments out (new Bitcoin transactions)
  Daemon TCP connection to full node:
    - Send payments out to Bitcoin network.
    - Notify of new Bitcoin payments to wallet.
    - Fetch history for an address.

wallet = Wallet(path)

new_key = PrivateKey(wallet)
privkey_data = new_key.export()
# Save private key somewhere.
# Then ask backend to notify you of new payments.
backend.notify(new_key.address(), my_callback(pending, paid))

- - Whistleblower software I mentioned in a previous email.
- - Tor bridges sold for Bitcoins. Would depend on above software.
- - Software/platform that people unpack to create a Bitcoin bank
(wallet service like blockchain.info - become your own bank).

I'm trying to do this all myself but am really under-resourced. Having
the packages for libbitcoin is fundamental to help me make all this.
More developers, more money. I'm only me working on this, and a little
help from Pablo sometimes.