:: [unSYSTEM] A Leaker's Marketplace
Página Inicial
Autor: Amir Taaki
Para: unsystem
Tópicos Antigos: Re: [unSYSTEM] #NSA #PRISM #Hadoop #Bitcoin @BTCFoundation
Assunto: [unSYSTEM] A Leaker's Marketplace
I'd wanted to make an information market to protect leakers and
mentioned the idea to Mike.

We were deciding how to make it and the threat of law meant you'd have
to do it anonymously.

Today I'm staying with 2 developers (also working on GlobalLeaks) and
we spoke with lawyers who detailed the exact problems to me. One of
them is on this list now.

Based on this, I realised that you can make special Bitcoin
transactions using the sequence number, that only release funds once a
sufficient number has been added by various people.

And this could be used for leaked documents once the bounty set by
donators has been given. I only distribute generic software which
other people run. No problem.

This could be a good tool (if used) to allow corporations to destroy
the value of other corporations by providing incentives to open up
their trade secrets. This increases marketplace information and
decreases the power of secrecy.

Whistleblowers should be compensated for their risks. At minimum they
have their own operating costs.

Then I realise I don't even need to use disabled sequence number. It's
easy enough with libbitcoin. Then anyone can take this and plug it
into a web platform where people submit leaked documents with a target
amount to reach. They pastebin the returned transaction, people pay
them and when the background process has detected the funds have been
paid (and are in the blockchain) then it releases the key for the
encrypted documents.

Working on this now. Will have some code to show soon.

We could eventually plug this into the GlobalLeaks platform and
leakers could put sample material and the encrypted material. The
software releases the key for the material after the target amount has
been reached.