:: [unSYSTEM] Firearm Suppressor Techn…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Taylor Amarel
A: unsystem
Asunto: [unSYSTEM] Firearm Suppressor Technology
Hi all,

I've been following the activities of unSystem and very much support both
the activities and purpose of this organization. I am a friend of Mark
Lamb, who I met through the 20 Under 20 community and after talking quite a
bit I wanted to pitch in what I can towards the unSystem movement.

Previously, I designed and built (3D printed in stainless steel) a 'thermal
suppressor' that utilizes a PCM (phase change material) to significantly
reduce both the infrared radiation of the firearm and reduce the sound
produced from the muzzle blast. Because it reduces heat it also increases
barrel life, increases accuracy, and a few other benefits. I have a PDF
outlining the design and functionality of this 'thermal suppressor' but
because I am traveling I currently do not have access to it. (I can upload
it later if you are interested). The design is technically patent-pending
but I am more interested in seeing the technology develop than suing the
hell out of people.

Also, another side project that I may not get around to because
of financial and time contraints is the development of a new bullet that
would significantly decrease the sound of a firearm without the use of a
suppressor.

I haven't done much experimenting with it and there are some engineering
constraints. However, I think it could be done. By designing a bullet or
projectile that uses similar characteristics as this unconventional plane
design <http://www.gizmag.com/boomless-biplane/21871/> or something similar
to NASA's research <http://www.nasa.gov/connect/chat/sonic_boom_chat.html>,
one could in theory create a super-sonic bullet that has similar if not
better acoustical characteristics as sub-sonic ammunition.

I'd love to hear what you guys think, I probably have some more designs
that the unSystem may be interested in. I'll have to dig them up once I get
back to my main computer.

Cheers!