:: [Bricolabs] Stencils for Bricolache…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: James Wallbank
À: brico
Anciens-sujets: [Bricolabs] A final call for the Brico-Reader
Sujet: [Bricolabs] Stencils for Bricolache!
Hi All,

For the Pixelache/Brico event, we're planning to make a "stencil
environment" with laser-cut stencils of Brico-things. If you'd like your
stencil to be included, then please send the design to me. I'll be
laser-cutting the stencils on MONDAY and TUESDAY - so Monday morning is
pretty much your last chance, unless I can scrounge laser-time in Helsinki.

The best way to send is to make images that are 2-colour PNGs which are
easy for me to trace, or Inkscape SVGs. Please upload them somewhere
(Dropbox maybe?) and post me a download link if your data is big. (Say,
bigger than 200kB)?

Guidelines for designs.

* Designs should express something about Bricolabs - your relationship
with the network, how you feel about Brico-ness, or something about the
organisation you work with.

* Creative is great. pictures, logos, slogans or icons are also great.

* One colour only, please. We're planning for dark paint on a light ground.

* We may resize stencils slightly, but figure a minimum size around A5,
and a maximum size of A3 please.

* Please be aware of the issue of "islands" (and avoid them!). If your
design has letters in (for example) then the middles of "O"s and "A"s
will fall out - if you want bridges to hold the islands in place, please
make them at least 3mm thick - or they may break.

* Think about the context in which your stencil images will appear: a
textured wall of stenciled images, perhaps with many layers. Your
image(s) may appear many times - perhaps reversed, perhaps in different
colours! The whole thing will, the theory goes, capture something of the
nature of Bricolabs.

* Judging by the timescale, I can probably make a maximum of 20 designs,
as long as each one is reasonably simple. If they're complex, the cut
time may be too long - so be simple and bold - a stencil of the Rosetta
Stone is not feasible!

* More than one entry is fine. If I'm overwhelmed, I'll try to cut one
of everyone's artworks as a priority.

* I'll do my best to simplify and rescale images if they seem too tricky
- subject to timescales.

Have Fun!

James
=====