:: Re: [unSYSTEM] from Tahria square, …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Aimee Maree Forsstrom
À: 'System undo crew'
Sujet: Re: [unSYSTEM] from Tahria square, Cairo
To add my 2cents... Like I say and have said you need to radicals... they present a view that while society might not ever get there them talking about it helps to bring society those few steps closer... This is what I talk about when I do Open Source panels and the likes at Microsoft and other heavy corporate events where I am asked to comment on RMS... by having people like him in the world of FLOSS/OSS it helps to drag us all that little bit further... they might never be able to drag the main stream along but they inspire and present ideas and a thought as said can never be killed once it has been thought... The other side of what Mike is talking about and I have discussed with Amir and Alex is being able to present a more mainstream approach this enables a more structured argument to come across and also helps to stop those who say "Well those radicals" etc it stops these arguments and also enables an environment where the radicals can continue to be radical... That is my two thoughts and the reason why when I was first involved in Human Rights and Environmentalism I stopped throwing myself on the front line and chaining myself to trees because my skill set and who I am is someone who wants to try to present a more neutral view that can then only be argued by logic? Not sure if that makes any sense but I did it in order to allow those who do chain themselves etc. an environment to which they can continue to be themselves... this is the best use of my skill set... So I say Amir keep on being Amir that is all you can be... and I will keep on being me etc. this is how we change the world by being able to work together and support each other?

I hope any of that makes sense and welcome a discussion :)

Also not that is might not be as important to some... but I got into a podcast in Australia to help present a non-bank view on BitCoin they still don’t really get it down there... So far in the past 6months I have done talks at Open Source Developers Conference and also Linux Con Australia and smaller meet-ups this has seen a group of people start to use BitCoin and also to present a view to people that this is not just a group of small hackers but an idea about challenging the current broken economic models in our global world....

http://angrybeanie.com/shows/purser-explores-world/bitcoin-what-even-is-it

If you listen and think I mentioned something wrong in the podcast please let me know so I can correct it...

Hugs to you all and remember it takes all types to make the world go round and the most freeing thing you can do in an un-just world is have the freedom of self-conviction to be who it is you are...