:: [unSYSTEM] from Tahria square, Cair…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jaromil
À: unsystem
Sujet: [unSYSTEM] from Tahria square, Cairo

Dear comrades, Salam aleikum.

I'm writing you from a balcony above the noisy streets of Cairo a few
hundred meters away from the square where 5 years ago, on the 6 of
april, the so called Arab Spring started boiling what would become the
revolution that took over the regime of Mubarak in Egypt.

Today I've entered my room in a demure and rather anonymous building
downtown to switch on the TV on Al-Jazeera international right on time
to see, to my surprise, Amir showing off his brand new furry mohawk in
an episode dedicated to Bitcoin. Wonderful! it just felt like in a
movie, close to surrealism, to be listening to it right from here, at
the heart of the Egyptian revolutionary movement.

What a hit! to see my bro' carrying his passionate message with such
impetus and so well, on such an important worldwide channel. Clearly he
is not mistaken when he states that we are facing a global movement of
change, riding its wave.

Just two days ago I was presenting Bitcoin to an interested but still
small audience here in Cairo, among them some hackers and students and
random Google fans, who are starting to understand what's next. Its all
happening so fast now, tight in the days in which Wikileaks is releasing
the files on the offshore sociopathic finance oligarcs, right in the
days preparing the 5 years anniversary of the revolution that shook
north Africa, a culture so far from ours, yet so close in idealism I
belive.

So this is a heads up from Cairo and an idealist call: lets think about
using the wealth we are rising with Bitcoin not just to grow it in our
pockets, but to help and support the revolutionary movement of the Arab
Spring. I'll be meeting people around here in the next days and
conspiring about visions and possibilities. If you like, since my funds
are rather limited, please contact me privately if you are intentioned
to donate some Bitcoins to the cause, since I'd like to share some to
the good people here, see if we can organize some international meeting
soon and what not.

Moreover, it will be my pleasure to soon share with you an academic
article that I've recently written also as part of my Ph.D. thesis,
about the social and political background of Bitcoin, its history and
its possible future. Let's keep in touch, so far so close, for our
planetary coevolution.

ciao

--
http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39