:: Re: [Frei0r] [patch] Human readable…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Dan Dennedy
To: Jeff Fortin
Oggetto: Re: [Frei0r] [patch] Human readable names for pixeliz0r and lenscorrection
On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Jeff Fortin <nekohayo@???> wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Would you like to take a look at the following patch and "git am" it
> into frei0r?
>
> And if you care about such details, perhaps I could run through frei0r
> filter property names and standardize to "sentence" capitalization style
> (instead of the current mixture of "sentence" and "header"
> capitalization).

I am sorry, but I am going to reject this and patches like it because
you are changing the interface, which breaks existing projects and
scripts that use these parameters. I understand the motivation for
generated UIs, but the consequences for cosmetic gain is simply not
worth it. This is partly why kdenlive uses its own effects UI markup
to assign labels to frei0r params. For a similar reason, MLT's service
metadata system has both identifier and title attributes for a
parameter so the id can stay the same while changing the label.
(However, it currently does not provide superseding metadata over
frei0r effects.)

I wonder if in gstreamer you have something like param info where you
can provide some mapping from identifier to a more appropriate label?
Otherwise, why not just create a bunch of custom UIs over frei0r for
Pitivi? It is python so it might not be that much code. Or you can
make a bunch of dictionaries to map things. As a side benefit, it is
more likely that code will be translated over fei0r's.

--
+-DRD-+