:: Re: [Frei0r] release please?
Pàgina inicial
Autor: salsaman
A: Minimalistic plugin API for video effects
Assumpte: Re: [Frei0r] release please?
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Dan Dennedy <dan@???> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 12:21 PM, Dan Dennedy <dan@???> wrote:
>>>
>>> thanks Gabriel. and now is the time to wish us all good luck with this
>>> new release! please have a look at the ChangeLog here below and try out
>>> the release candidate, I'll wait 24 hours before releasing. It all seems
>>> good to me, compiles on OSX, BSD, GNU/Linux and Win platforms, I can
>>> also provide binaries later.
>>>
>>> ChangeLog:
>>>
>>> 1.4.0 - 24 February 2013
>>>
>>>         This release fixes several major bugs in existing plugins,
>>>         adds new filters and the optional dependency to cairo.
>>>         New filters (18): IIRblur, Vignette, Keyspillm0pup, Timeout,
>>>           Posterize, Dither, Spillsupress, Emboss, Colgate, RGBNoise,
>>>           Colorize, Softglow, ColrHalftone, Sigmoidaltransfer,
>>>           Colortap, cairogradient, cairoimagegrid, medians
>>>         New mixers: cairoblend, cairoaffineblend

>>> Release candidate: http://files.dyne.org/frei0r/releases/candidate/
>>>
>>> Documentation updates: http://code.dyne.org/frei0r/log/
>>>
>>> did I miss anything?
>>>
>>> ciao!
>>
>> I verified the latest changes should work fine for macports, and
>> tonight the MLT automated nightly builds will do additional checks,
>> but I don't really expect anything after reviewing the changes, which
>> look fine to me.
>>

> My nightly builds passed.
>
> --
> +-DRD-+

I have run my plugin tester now, and I am happy to say no problems
were detected. Each plugin was run in turn, and every parameter was
checked to make sure the default was between min and max, and the
value was then set to min, max and default in turn. I can provide a
copy of the test output if anybody is interested.

Jaromil had a question regarding the dependencies of the plugin
tester. There are none, apart from the frei0r plugins themselves, but
the script is designed to run with LiVES as the plugin host (it uses
OSC remote).

Here is a link to the tester:
http://svn.code.sf.net/p/lives/code/trunk/tools/lives-rte-test.pl

or you will find it in the tools subdirectory in the LiVES source.

If I find the time I will make a video of the tester in action with a
text overlaying the name of the plugin being tested.

Regards,
Salsaman.