:: [Bricolabs] The BricoReader wants Y…
Top Pagina
Auteur: jhopkins
Aan: bricolabs list
Onderwerp: [Bricolabs] The BricoReader wants You and You :: I and I
Dear Bricoleurs!

In preparation for the upcoming projects and the BricoReader that we are
planning for Pixelache in Helsinki in May, we are asking that folks
within the Bricolabs sphere of action generate some special
conversations with each other. We believe the relevant knowledge-base
available here among us is of great value to share (more) widely.

The conversations, dialogues, and/or interviews that you generate may
include anything that you think is relevant: for example, what issues
you think define the Pixelache theme Facing North/Facing South; what is
(your) theoretical approach to open infrastructures and open
communities; what is your practice to bring this theory to life; and so
on. These textual conversations may not necessarily form an essay, but
will provide us with an array of rich material to assemble the
BricoReader from. These dialogues may also include material relating to
what you find most interesting/powerful/engaging about the distributed
bricolabs network, how it functions, and how it affects participants and
the wider communities that it serves around the globe. We are also
playing with a few sub-themes for the Brico-Pixelache presence: deep
resonant networks; anti-disciplinary collaboration; subjective
infrastructures - autonomy vs. connectivity; the reversal of polarities;
and the smell of Bricolabs. These phrases might give you some things to
think and talk about as well.

To participate in this process, we would like you to start by
considering who you would like to start a conversation with. We would
encourage every Bricoleur to participate and especially to perhaps reach
out to an unfamiliar Brico on the mailing list -- imagine the power of
such a set of dialogues that will then be collected and bricolaged into
the BricoReader! Once you've got a dialogue partner, please send us
yours & their names so that we might begin planning and mapping out
where we can go with the Reader. At this point, there are 182 (!!!)
people on the mailing list: plenty of energizing possibilities. If you
are not aware of all the people on the list, it is also possible to go
to:

and after logging in at the bottom of that page you can see see a full
list of subscribers (by email address). If you need help on this let us
know.

We will also list partners on this piratepad (you can add your name(s)
yourself as well):

http://piratepad.net/briconversations

In addition, if any of you can think of other interesting individuals or
groups to engage with but who are not on the mailing list please feel
free to invite them into the conversation.

The conversations can be initiated immediately, and certainly may be
conducted in any way you like -- of course a text output suits us best.
We see these as email or perhaps other text-chat transcripts, whatever.

To help the editing process (and the busy editors!) along we propose a
formal deadline of 21 March 2013 to give us time to review and collate
things. We are looking forward to your energized expressions!

kiitos/thanks/gracias/danke/takk fyrir/hvala/bedankt/obrigado/terima
kasih!!

Jerneja & John