:: Re: [Bricolabs] Was Re: bricolache …
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: m3shrom
To: brico
Betreff: Re: [Bricolabs] Was Re: bricolache IRC meeting - log Now: Interactivos?'13
On 15/01/13 21:37, Brian Degger wrote:
> Speaking of booksprint
> http://medialab-prado.es/?lang=en
>

>       Interactivos?'13 Tools for a Read-Write World. Call for Projects
>       <http://medialab-prado.es/article/ilgru_call_projects>

> Medialab-Prado and The Libre Graphics Research Unit
> <http://lgru.org/> are seeking for projects to be collaboratively
> developed during a two-weeks workshop to be held in Madrid, 15-27
> April, 2013. We are interested in your ideas for tools to design,
> edit, draw and write together. This edition focuses on (re)inventing a
> Libre Graphics workflow that supports collaboration and exchange.

There's a couple of us from FLOSS Manuals that want to get to this.
There are quite a few in Madrid interested in setting up a FLOSS Manuals
community in castellano. There are already quite a few manuals out there
in castellano and it would be great to have a site to showcase them. If
anyone on this list would be interested in collaborating on that please
get in touch with me.

In terms of Booksprints at events. I think that's a hard thing to do.
Unless you are specifically getting together with the purpose of
writing, and ideally have an agreed outcome, there are so many
distractions at an event. I've been working on hybrid forms of the
process at a couple recently. Taking inspiration from Adam Hyde's
booksprint process but accelerating it, and having less commitment from
the people taking part.

While the process is productive, there are real limitations. My advice
is not to set your sights too high, in short.
However, I think it is good to experiment. And I would be up for
collaborating on something if people were willing.

The printed publication of the Book Sprint is a great incentive to work
towards.
It is also possible to bump that down to a course, fanzine, booklet or a
series of linked chapters as a reader.

Here are a few write ups of recent experiments.

Mini-Sprint at LGRU gathering sept last year
http://www.booki.cc/something-about-the-book-maybe/about-this-book/

Course Sprint on open video - dec 2012
www.flossmanuals.org/news/summary-open-video-coarse-sprint-process

Creating a Fanzine TEH 2011
http://www.flossmanuals.org/news/workshop-documentation-strategy-and-practice-teh-network

I totally feel the tension that James mentions when facilitating these
kinds of writing sprints. It's a really fine line between just working,
creative work involving peer learning but ultimately it's work all the
same, and the sense of a more experimental play and discovery without
targets.

There should be space for both right? Play, experiment and then document
to share for the people who can't be there with you and to inspire other
educators / learners. Yip, ideally both but doing it at an event where
you are writing and others seem to be playing more can seem like when
you are at school and you are doing extra work at lunch when everyone
else is at the playground.
There are ways around this feeling. I've got some tricks up my sleeves
and would be well up for collaborating with other facilitators to think
up others - :)

nice one
Mick