:: Re: [Frei0r] [Mlt-devel] build erro…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Dan Dennedy
Aan: Minimalistic plugin API for video effects
Onderwerp: Re: [Frei0r] [Mlt-devel] build error
On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 2:01 AM, Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jan 2013, Dan Dennedy wrote:

>> > yes, I got confused. you are specifically addressing the fact that also
>> > configure should not be there, hence reverting those commits is not
>> > enough, we must fix the current situation. I'd go for your second option
>> > then.
>>
>> ok, that's cool. I generally lean the way of no generated files in the
>> repo, but I thought you wanted it the other way, and I was trying to
>> respect that. :) I offer to revert my changes and address the other
>> generated files as well, but you mentioned something about deleting
>> the git commits. I do not know how to do that. If I simply reset the
>> HEAD a couple of commits then I have to force push because it is not a
>> fast-forward update. What should I do here?
>
> the only advantage of deleting the commits is to keep the repository
> small. in case you like to do that, it is easily done with an
> interactive rebase:
>
> $ git rebase -i HEAD~5
>
> will rebase commits from HEAD to 5 ago
>
> there are instructions then, just delete the lines and they are not
> there. then git push --force to the repo.

I do not like to change history in a public repo, so I committed
reverts instead. In the process, I see that we did not have configure
in the repo as I was under the impression we did. Sigh, sorry for the
confusion; if someone was aware of that when I wrote those claims, you
should have felt free to correct me!

--
+-DRD-+