:: Re: [Frei0r] [Mlt-devel] build erro…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Jaromil
A: Minimalistic plugin API for video effects
Assumpte: Re: [Frei0r] [Mlt-devel] build error
On Fri, 11 Jan 2013, Dan Dennedy wrote:

> >> No, that is not a corrective action; there is already already an
> >> INSTALL and autogen.sh. I already explained what the options are.
> >
> > yes, I got confused. you are specifically addressing the fact that also
> > configure should not be there, hence reverting those commits is not
> > enough, we must fix the current situation. I'd go for your second option
> > then.
>
> ok, that's cool. I generally lean the way of no generated files in the
> repo, but I thought you wanted it the other way, and I was trying to
> respect that. :) I offer to revert my changes and address the other
> generated files as well, but you mentioned something about deleting
> the git commits. I do not know how to do that. If I simply reset the
> HEAD a couple of commits then I have to force push because it is not a
> fast-forward update. What should I do here?

the only advantage of deleting the commits is to keep the repository
small. in case you like to do that, it is easily done with an
interactive rebase:

$ git rebase -i HEAD~5

will rebase commits from HEAD to 5 ago

there are instructions then, just delete the lines and they are not
there. then git push --force to the repo.

of course involving a git push --force this operation has to be
synchronous to other commits, but we don't have such a big load of
operations on our repo...

> > BTW I don't see myself as a leader for the project, frei0r being a
> > plugin framework so many people have contributed so far, I doubt
> > there can really be a leader. there are different leaders at
> > different times, depending from the activity and dedication, but
> > then in the past 2 years your presence has been obviously the most
> > important here.
>
> well, I meant like release and infrastructure manager. At one point I
> was hoping Marko was interested in taking more of a lead role since he
> was contributing so much.

I am lacking behind with that: had a somehow happy, somehow tough year
during 2012, well conscious I've neglected work on frei0r. a good
release manager in my place would have done already 2 releases in this
period, considering the contributions we've received.

however, I'll round up one now and see how it goes for the next.

ciao