:: [Frei0r] autoconf build problems an…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jaromil
To: frei0r
Betreff: [Frei0r] autoconf build problems and switch to cmake only

re all

while testing Janne's new filters I was also trying to add them into the
autoconf build, but while doing so I'm realizing that our autoconf
setup does not work to add filters and in fact skips already many of
them.

I was trying to figure out where is the problem, but so far couldn't.

The autoconf build setup is dated back to 2007 when Richard Spindler
wrote it (author or open movie editor), then since he went silent in
frei0r I've tried to maintain it with some success.

Meanwhile the new cmake build was contributed in 2010 by Joshua M. Doe
and seems to work very well on all platforms, plus has a clear and
self-contained way to add new filters to the frei0r tree, reasons why
all new filters contributed seem to prefer that.

Hence my proposal is now to drop the autoconf build as a whole, stop
bothering maintaining two build systems and just switch to cmake. AFAIK
most GNU/Linux distributions have already a way to package cmake builds.

looking forward to your opinions,
ciao