:: Re: [Bricolabs] ISEA ?
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tapio Makela
A: Bricolabs
Asunto: Re: [Bricolabs] ISEA ?
Hi,

At its best, ISEAs can be remarkable critically and influential regionally. But depending on the integrity of the hosts or the influence of the ISEA itself, they can also be the opposite. And indeed, Dubai ISEA should never have been taken seriously even as an option. Most problems with ISEA are related with one person, while the board is otherwise much more critically oriented. Why he is allowed to continue is beyond me.

When I was on the board, I managed to push the event to be bi-annual, because in order to have travel bursaries form international foundations, an annual cycle is too much. Also there is not enough new work that emerges, so you get much better proposals with less frequency. I think they returned to the annual cycle only to get the fee from an organizer to the Inter Society every year, because that is almost the only income they get, and means to host an annual meeting.

So if you do get the ISEA to Yogja, which I both hope and don't, I can give more tactical advice.

Why I hope you would get it is that concept and content wise you would deliver a remarkable event, and I would be personally highly motivated to participate and contribute. Why I am doubtful is because having organized one, it is besides a fruitful experience, also very draining in terms of resourcing and how much it takes in logistics, communications, and production. If you can, please have another organization than HONF be economically responsible of the core budget. HONF is far too precious to be at risk because of organizing an ISEA.

So both my support and doubt for doing ISEA Yogja is out of the high respect for HONF. :)
If it happens, it will be a five bintang event, ISEA ASIK!

cheers,

Tapio