:: [Bricolabs] Liberals and libertaria…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Patrice Riemens
A: Bricolabs
Temas antiguos: Re: [Bricolabs] Call to Artists - "CONVERGENCE/DIVERGENCE"
Asunto: [Bricolabs] Liberals and libertarians (was: Re: Call to Artists - "CONVERGENCE/DIVERGENCE"
> ons, 19 09 2012 kl. 10:48 -0400, skrev Suzon Fuks:
>> Thanks Marc!
>> I am on both lists that I find both interesting, and read with attention
>> furtherfield newsletter.
>> (Maybe on netbehaviour you've heard more about ActiveLayers and
>> Waterwheel)
>>
>> By the way, the word 'liberalist/ism' is so distorted!
>> I am discovering as I am for the moment in US, that in Australia it
>> means
>> exactly the opposite than America. Hmm... So what does that mean in UK?
>>
>> HELP: Acronyms are useful if you know what they mean. Is there someone
>> who
>> can translate for me'ACK'?
>> Can you please translate
>
> ACK = acknowledge.
>
> As for liberalism, here in Denmark "liberal" is mainly used to mean
> "economically liberal", i.e. unbridled laissez-faire capitalism with no
> or little tax and the state limited to protecting rich people's
> property.
>
> I'd personally favour what I'd call left-libertarianism, with an
> anarchist streak - i.e. as much self-organisation as possible in a
> society where everybody agree to secure each other's freedom by insuring
> nobody will go without food, shelter or clothing.
>
> regards,
>
> Carsten

+1

Same here in NL, where the 'liberals' are actually the conservatives (as
in 'Tory' in UK). They are poised to form our new government together with
... the social-democratic party ('Labour'). Yes ... wish is luck (fat
chance!)

Cheers, p+4D!