:: Re: [Bricolabs] Call to Artists - "…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Carsten Agger
À: brico
Nouveaux-sujets: [Bricolabs] Liberals and libertarians (was: Re: Call to Artists - "CONVERGENCE/DIVERGENCE", [Bricolabs] floodgap:gopher
Sujet: Re: [Bricolabs] Call to Artists - "CONVERGENCE/DIVERGENCE"
ons, 19 09 2012 kl. 10:48 -0400, skrev Suzon Fuks:
> Thanks Marc!
> I am on both lists that I find both interesting, and read with attention
> furtherfield newsletter.
> (Maybe on netbehaviour you've heard more about ActiveLayers and Waterwheel)
>
> By the way, the word 'liberalist/ism' is so distorted!
> I am discovering as I am for the moment in US, that in Australia it means
> exactly the opposite than America. Hmm... So what does that mean in UK?
>
> HELP: Acronyms are useful if you know what they mean. Is there someone who
> can translate for me'ACK'?
> Can you please translate

ACK = acknowledge.

As for liberalism, here in Denmark "liberal" is mainly used to mean
"economically liberal", i.e. unbridled laissez-faire capitalism with no
or little tax and the state limited to protecting rich people's
property.

I'd personally favour what I'd call left-libertarianism, with an
anarchist streak - i.e. as much self-organisation as possible in a
society where everybody agree to secure each other's freedom by insuring
nobody will go without food, shelter or clothing.

regards,

Carsten