:: Re: [Frei0r] plugin set from the tr…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Marko Cebokli
A: Minimalistic plugin API for video effects
Assumpte: Re: [Frei0r] plugin set from the transcode project
Hello Francesco,

sad to hear Transcode is fading away, I noticed that there were no new
updates, but did not know it has gone that far.
I was planning to make a patch for the stabilizer, to improve edge handling,
since I still prefer to use Transcode's two pass stabilizer than any other
Linux based stabilization.

As for the ports, we already have hqdn3d ported to Frei0r, a couple of face
maskers, a levels plugin, and a couple of quite versatile lens distortion
correctors.
Denoisers other than hqdn3d (and denosie3D, which is very similar) and
sharpeners other than simple USM would be welcome I think, I am working myself
on some right now.

As far as extending the Freior API I would (STRONGLY?) object to bringing YUV
(Y'CrCb) type color spaces into the interface. Requiring the plugins to
support several color spaces causes a horrendous bloat to the code, especially
as there are a zillion different YUV type color spaces (packings). If we start
by admitting one, this might open the floodgates, I am afraid.
And there is nothing much to be gained from YUV, except maybe some speed, and
some gamut nobody really needs. In all other respects, YUV is inferior to RGB.

If anything, I would vote for a float RGB option there.

Marko Cebokli