:: Re: [Bricolabs] request for an atte…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Vincenzo Tozzi
A: Bricolabs, Lista do NPDD
Assumpte: Re: [Bricolabs] request for an attempt to map and archive Sufi Pakistan,
Alo!

Il 20/08/2012 20:07, Ian Lawrence ha scritto:
> A suggestion would be to contribute the meta data/keywords work we
> would do to the git-annex repository either as patches or pull
> requests. I mean git-annex itself is really a metadata tracker (look
> how it stores an image
> https://github.com/Bricolabs/BricoSinker/blob/master/vern/image/festa.jpg)
> so it makes sense to try to include our work upstream as much as
> possible IMO

well .. Of course should be better to work with upstream..

I suppose we should start with a "small" set of real situations to
understand the real needings. We started joining all media files in a
local server here at Casa de Cultura Tainã and proposing the same to
other Mocambos communities.

Having some representative amount of media files we can start seeing how
could be really usable git-annex or something like that.

Like tagging, creating thumb and preview of medias and start syncing
these. Then, following the git-annex concept, create some queue to
download specified contents. Such an architecture should have an web/gui
interface for local server, or local clone. One very important thing
it's maintaining unique digital identity to track author of published
contents and for permission management.

Are you in Brazil? A friend is organizing Latinoware and he's asking if
you would like to participate..

Abraço,
Vince