:: Re: [Bricolabs] request for an atte…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Vincenzo Tozzi
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Bricolabs
Aihe: Re: [Bricolabs] request for an attempt to map and archive Sufi Pakistan,
Alo Andres!

Il 14/08/2012 03:00, Andres Burbano ha scritto:
> Hey Bricos
>
> Vince, the architecture of your project sounds r e a l l y interesting
> because it can solve problems related to on-line off-line modes to
> upload info, it can be super useful, I imagine using that in some places
> in Colombia for instance.

The project it's only a possible way to go.. (and probably not the best
one). I believe it's important to work in offline and asynchronous
technologies in order to achieve autonomous and more sustainable
infrastructure. Is it really necessary to everything and everybody be
always broadband worldwide connected? Is it sustainable? We use to share
a lot of things with local people with whom we really need good
communication infrastructure. This local infrastructure can be built
based on local needs, locally managed with DIY and at chiper costs. The
worldwide connection should exist but doesn't need to be huge bandwith.
I'm from Sicily but I only need to make some (video) call sometime and
send some email over there, couse my day by day it's here in Brazil with
people near here.

> Sure, despite Dublin Core is a clear and standardized way to organize
> collections, it has several limitations too.

Is there other good practice to manage, store and share metadatas?

Abraço,
Vince