:: Re: [Frei0r] In the works...
Página Principal
Autor: IOhannes m zmoelnig
Para: frei0r
Assunto: Re: [Frei0r] In the works...
On 2012-07-03 15:57, Jaromil wrote:

> so far I've been investigating the reasons that are blocking the
> update of frei0r package into Debian/Ubuntu, which was never
> upgraded to 1.1 and 1.2... as it seems the new release of Debian is
> due sometime late this year, I'd like to get that sorted out at the
> same time of a new frei0r 1.3 release.

debian testing froze last weekend.
this means that no package that is not already in debian testing will
be get into the next debian "stable" release (codename: "wheezy").

also, updates to packages that are already in (like "frei0r") will
only be allowed if they are non-obtrusive (e.g. updating translation
files) or are fixing release-critical bugs.
since there is no known release-critical bug in the frei0r debian
package and frei0r-1.2 resp. frei0r-1.3 will certainly introduce more
than "non obtrusive" changes, i fear that no updated version of frei0r
will make it into debian "wheezy".

the maintainer (luca bigliardi) seems to be pretty unresponsive,
afaict he last uploaded a package in january 2010.
jaromil, since you are co-maintainer: shouldn't these packges (frei0r,
freej) be maintained by a more responsive group, e.g. under the
umbrella of debian-multimedia-maintainers?

fgamsdr
IOhannes