:: [Bricolabs] Help crowdfunding a the…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Jaromil
A: brico
Assumpte: [Bricolabs] Help crowdfunding a theatre show in London

Dear bricos,

in the times of industrially owned culture, friends and pioneers are
trying to produce a teather show with donations that can be gathered
via Internet. please do have a look at it and if you like please share
some money, below the info about.

I find it very interesting to think that some theatre productions
could exist this way, there are some rather deep implications on art
funding and audience in such an approach

A PROGRESS by Beggarsbeliefe Theatre

Dear theatre friends.

Beggarsbelief Theatre will be producing an exciting new show called
A PROGRESS. The Yard Theatre chose this play in a competition, and
in order to take advantage of this opportunity we have to raise
funds, so we've set up a Sponsume page to try and raise an
ambitious ?2500 through your support. It is only a few weeks to go.

http://theyardtheatre.co.uk/show/a-progress/

A PROGRESS is a seriously playful revisiting of John Bunyan?s
Classic: The Pilgrim's Progress.

We blunder barefoot into the thorny territory of religion ?
atheists and people of faith, fundamentalists of every stripe and
the massed ranks of not-sures and non-committals are welcomed to
witness a ?revisiting? of this hugely influential classic of
English storytelling that ranks alongside Robinson Crusoe and
Gulliver?s Travels.

But believe it or not, the show is also rather joyous and full of song!

The Beggarsbelief style has always invited strong community
involvement. For our new show we asked some singers of the London Youth
Gospel Choir (LYGC) to perform with us. The Youth Gospel Choir is an
exciting project for young people in London who enjoy singing, want to
make new friends and achieve their musical potential. In developing
this project we offer those young singers to show a different side of
their personalities in engaging with theatre.

http://www.lygc.org.uk/

WE NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE IT HAPPEN

The page - complete with a short promo video to tell you more - is
here:

http://www.sponsume.com/project/beggarsbelief-theatre-company-progress

If you felt you could take 5 mins to have a look, contribute if you
can, facebook / tweet / generally share, I would be most enormously
grateful. We do need the money - but the message is also important;
a financial contribution would help a lot, but if that is not an
option; a share would also help a lot in spreading the word! All
the best and thanks for your time.

Jacqueline

On behalf of Beggarsbelief