:: Re: [Bricolabs] on the body (-polit…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: John Hopkins
À: brico
Sujet: Re: [Bricolabs] on the body (-politic/s) (re: Rome, 15 October...)
On 10/17/11 07:34, Patrice Riemens wrote:
> At the risk of being extremely cynical, I have argued for quite some
> time now that the only moment the 'body' becomes really significant in
> matters of law and order politics, and hence of politics in general
> within the present manifestations of protest (eg 'Occupy') is when it
> becomes a dead body (eg Genova, 2001) and - excuse the word - preferably

Immediately comes to mind -- don't forget that there is another dialectic
counterpoint to the dead body -- the other crucial point where the body is more
than just significant -- in the reproduction of the species! Imagine a
socio-political system out of balance such that the participating members refuse
to procreate. In two generations the state would collapse precisely because
there are no young to carry it forward! Interesting paradox...

jh