:: [Bricolabs] on the body (-politic/s…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Patrice Riemens
A: brico
Assumpte: [Bricolabs] on the body (-politic/s) (re: Rome, 15 October...)
At the risk of being extremely cynical, I have argued for quite some
time now that the only moment the 'body' becomes really significant in
matters of law and order politics, and hence of politics in general
within the present manifestations of protest (eg 'Occupy') is when it
becomes a dead body (eg Genova, 2001) and - excuse the word - preferably
more, many dead bodies. That is the moment that 'the system' loses its
legitimacy in the eyes of 'society'. Well, at least that was something
that held true till a few years ago, and foxy French president Jacques
Chirac was probably the EU politician who was the most acutely aware of
this. Today, I am afraid, as 'system collapse' is no longer a question
of if but of when, or even of how soon, and the panic, tersely
concealed, has the powers that be in its grip, I am not longer sure. In
which case, 'putting the body forward' might become not only a very
risky tactic but also a strategy that can only be called succesful if it
has the generalised, Marxian 'Verelendung' as its motive...

For the remainder, I don't know...
Cheers all the same,
patrizio & Diiiinooos!

PS I am talking 'Western' Europe ...