:: [Bricolabs] Occupy Amsterdam: the m…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Patrice Riemens
Aan: discussion
CC: brico
Onderwerp: [Bricolabs] Occupy Amsterdam: the morning after the day (and night) before ...

Passed by the Beursplein (Exchange Place) on my way to Chateau Le Vague,
and to my amazement, 'they' were still there! Yippie! It was not very big,
20-25 tents and towards 100 people maybe (very rough guess), but it looked
great and set-up for the long haul. All (many many) placards carried by
the people yesterday were there, making for a nice collection of texts
(Muppet character: "99% of the cookies have been eaten by 1% of the
monsters" remains my favorite - but not seen this time - with the Dutch
"Dagobert Duck maakt de Wereld stuk" - Uncle Scrooge destroys the World -
coming close second). There were also a lot of chalk drawings and
grafittis and the whole exchange was plastered under angry stickers and
posters. Good mood too, as volunteers were distributing breakfast. Of
course for the 1% this is a stinky mess populated by kooky rats, so I'm
curious what the possible/probable clean-up for 'business as usual' will
look like to-morrow (monday, weather forecast: cloudy). Keep yr fingers
crossed, or maybe - just be there!

Cheers, patrizio & Diiiinooos!